Advantage Home Care is currently hiring Days, Evenings, Awake Overnights, and Weekends for Caregivers, CNAs, and PSS positions. Full time and part time shifts available. If your calling is caring for others and you are looking for a job with a company that values you, and appreciates you and the work you do, you have come to the right place!
Advantage Home Care Offers:
- A close knit, welcoming and friendly management team.
- We provide Flexible Scheduling to fit your busy life! Work directly with our Scheduler to build your week-to-week schedule.
- Our management team matches you with a client we feel is a good fit for you based upon your experience, your availability, your personality and your comfort level.
- We have 24/7 support and assistance. A Supervisor is always on-call.
- We are known for how well we treat our employees and appreciate our staff.
- We give “On Us, For You” Caregiver Appreciation Bonuses to our employees to recognize and honor a job well done! Not only do we appreciate our caregivers and the daily work they do, we will honor employees who demonstrate outstanding work performances.
- We offer Health Care Insurance to employees. (Must work 30+ hours/wk)
- 401k with Employer Match.
- Dental Insurance.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- In-depth paid Trainings & Professional Educational Programs.
- Referral bonuses.
- Competitive pay with pay differentials for PSS and CNA certifications. We also have increased rates of pay for our awake overnight shifts and weekends.
- Earned Paid Time Off.
- And more!
or in person at our office location, 550 Forest Ave, Suite 206, Portland, ME 04101.
We’d love to hear about your professional or personal journey caring for seniors and why you love doing what you do. Join our marvelous Advantage Home Care family and help our senior clients embrace life at home!
To maintain the highest standards and ensure safety to our clients and their families, our caregivers are required to have the following:
- We require all employees to possess a valid current driver’s license, have their own automobile in good condition with valid inspection, clean interior and full coverage on car insurance.
- Clean DMV driving record.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be able to abide Hippa Law and confidentiality.
- Must be dependable, committed, and on-time.
- We prefer some caregiving experience, but will train exceptional candidates.
- Be able to pass background checks.
- We are a smoke free & drug free company.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills for work-related instructions.
- Personal email and cell phone.
- Professional attire and mature professional mannerism.
- Must be able to remain calm and patient.
- Employees may need to lift/transfer up to 35lbs.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you have the qualifications that our company and clients require, we will contact you for an interview.
We are an in-home, non-medical care agency assisting Greater Portland, Maine seniors. Non-medical care has one main goal; to bring peace of mind to the client and their families while keeping their loved one safe and happy at home. We assist our clients with daily activities of living (ADLs) and tailor our services depending on the client’s individual needs. As a caregiver, you will be responsible for:
Companionship & Conversation: Provide one-on-one care, comfort and supervision.
Social & Physical Activities: Promote client’s mental and physical alertness through activities of interest.
Mobility Assistance: Assist with walker, cane, wheelchair, light exercise, walking and dance/movement.
Transportation: Provide transportation to & from appointments, errands, social outings and local activities.
Personal Care Assistance: Assist with bathroom facilities & incontinence care, personal hygiene, help with dressing & undressing, showering.
Light Housekeeping: Help keep homes tidy and organized by simple everyday household chores; sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, dishes, clean bathroom & kitchen, making beds, laundry, water plants, organize bills and mail.
Meal Preparation: Grocery shopping, cooking, encouraging a healthy & nutritious lifestyle.
Medication: Monitor and remind clients to take self-administered medications.
We specialize in Alzheimer’s and Dementia care and provide training.
About Advantage Home Care
- Advantage Home Care is a locally owned family business founded in 2008 based on the personal experience the owner faced with his own mother who suffered a stroke and, as a result, had dementia and wished to receive care at home.
- At Advantage Home Care, we are deeply rooted in our company as the owner and our office staff have hired our very own caregivers to provide care for our loved ones. These experiences have motivated us to hire superb caregivers. During our interview process, we always ask the question, “Is this someone I would hire to care for my own family?” And the answer must always be “YES”.
- Advantage Home Care is proud to be a top home care agency! Since 2012, we have been nationally recognized and awarded every year the following awards and trophies through Home Care Pulse:
- Employer Of Choice
- Outstanding Performances In Caregiver Training
- Outstanding Performances in Office Support
- Outstanding Performances In Client/Caregiver Compatibility
- Overall Job Satisfaction
- Highest Quality Of Care In Home Care Industry
- Home Care Provider Of Choice
- Outstanding Performances in Communication/Scheduling
- Overall Quality Of Services From Both Employee & Client Satisfaction
Advantage Home Care has been awarded the “Employer of Choice” award from Home Care Pulse, a national organization that measures client and employee satisfaction.