Work with Advantage Home Care
We’re hiring! Call 207-595-9989.
Being a Caregiver is an act of love. We thank you for your interest in working with and helping our elderly clients improve their life at home. We are always interested in hiring extraordinary people in our community… amazing people we would trust to care for our own loved ones! Bring your passion for success and we will train you on the rest! Part-time to Full-time employment available in the Greater Portland Communities.
We are: Companions. Helpers. Hope. Support. Peace Of Mind. Professionals.
We Support Our Caregivers
Your Employment Benefits Include:
• Flexible assignments
• Flexible start dates
• Unbeatable incentives
• Referral and earned bonus opportunities
• We offer the industry’s top training and technology
• Access to our Online Courses and Educational Programs
• Get paid to take our trainings
• Health Care Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401k with Employer Contribution
• Mileage reimbursement
• Online schedules
• Support and assistance 24/7
• Supportive work environment
• Close-knit Management Team that will respect you and appreciate you
• And more!
Pay is based on experience and shift:
Pay is based on experience and shift ranging from $14/hr-$18/hr based on differentials for certification, weekend and/or overnight shifts! We’d be happy to discuss pay in an interview.
To maintain the highest standards and ensure safety to our clients and their families, our Caregivers are required to have the following:
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be able to read, write, document and speak the English Language
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pass background check
- Must have a car and valid US Driver’s License
- DMV (driver’s motor vehicle) record must be in good standing
- Be able to pass drug test
- Possess basic computer skills and email
- Must have a cell phone with internet access
- Employees may be required to lift up to 35lbs
- Be able to abide HIPAA, Client, and Company Confidentiality
- Have a mature and professional mannerism
All applicants will receive consideration for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Descriptions & Responsibilities
We are an in-home, non-medical care agency assisting Greater Portland, Maine seniors. Non-medical care has one main goal: to bring peace of mind to the client and their families while keeping their loved one safe and happy at home.
Our caregivers assist our clients with daily activities of living (ADLs) and tailor our services depending on the client’s individual needs. As a caregiver, you will be responsible for:
• Companionship & Conversation: Provide one-on-one care, comfort and supervision
• Social & Physical Activities: Promote client’s mental and physical alertness through activities of interest
• Mobility Assistance: Assist with walker, cane, wheelchair, light exercise, walking and dance/movement
• Transportation: Provide transportation to & from appointments, errands, social outings and local activities
• Personal Care Assistance: Assist with bathroom facilities & incontinence care, personal hygiene, help with dressing & undressing, and showering
• Light Housekeeping: Help keep homes tidy and organized by simple everyday household chores, such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, dishes, cleaning bathroom & kitchen, making beds, laundry, watering plants, and organizing bills and mail
• Meal Preparation: Grocery shopping, cooking, and encouraging a healthy and nutritious lifestyle
• Medication: Monitor and remind clients to take self-administered medications
We specialize in Alzheimer’s and dementia care and provide training.
Advantage Home Care’s High Standards of Care
Advantage Home Care is a locally owned family business founded in 2008 in southern Maine. The company’s mission is based on the personal experience the owner faced when his own mother suffered a stroke, and, as a result, developed dementia and wished to receive care at home. At Advantage Home Care, we are deeply rooted in our company. Even the owner and our office staff have hired our very own caregivers to provide care for their loved ones. These experiences have motivated us to hire superb caregivers. During our interview process, we always ask the question, “Is this someone I would hire to care for my own family?” And the answer must always be, “YES!”
What Our Caregivers Say About Their Jobs
If you’re still wondering what it is like to work at Advantage Home Care, hear from more of our caregivers in the testimonials below.
“I am truly blessed to be employed by Advantage Home Care. The owner and office administrators provide you with all the information you need. Most importantly, they are supportive to both their clients and their caregivers. The support and appreciation they have for me is so gratifying. Being a caregiver to begin with is rewarding work, but working for a company that appreciates you and the work you do, really does bring out the best in you! Advantage Home Care is true to their mission statement. They are compassionate, caring, understanding, and provide high quality home care to seniors.”
“My experience working at Advantage Home Care is a positive one. They really aim to match caregiver and clients so both parties will work really well together. Their trainings are great and I was able to earn my CCA Certification. (Certified Companion Aide). Advantage Home Care is very involved with caring for the elderly and aims to give back to the community. They also work closely with the Alzheimer’s Association. In my opinion, one would be so fortunate to work for this caring company!”
“There are two reasons why I love it here: 1) I love taking care of elderly clients. 2) Rich Blumenthal has a beautiful heart and character for both his clients and staff. Rich and his office staff are fantastic! They go out of their way to make things pleasant, smooth, and accommodating to my needs.”
“Rich is such a fair boss. I love the flexibility and that we all stick together as family. I love the understanding I get from both Rich and Dianne (Office Manager).”
“Advantage Home Care is a very personalized and a compassionate company. They are flexible and accommodating.”
“Advantage Home Care genuinely cares about people; especially their clients and caregivers.”
“Rich Blumenthal is very hands-on, easy going, and is flexible with both his employees and clients at Advantage Home Care.”
“The people I work for are exceptional and easy to talk to and my co-workers are great. To help improve our clients’ care, we pass along to each other information and tips that will help improve the client’s quality of care.”