Advantage caregivers are committed to providing emotional well-being, happiness, caring companionship, and meaning to the lives of our clients. Social interaction is especially important for seniors who may spend many hours alone in their homes. Our attentive caregivers promote these feelings with thoughtful interaction such as:
- Stimulation of meaningful conversation on relevant topics to the client
- Companionship during meals
- Participation in activities formerly enjoyed by the client but no longer possible without assistance, such as gardening, sewing, cooking, painting or reading
- Scheduling appointments and communicating with medical providers or personal care providers such as hairstylists
- Supervision or monitoring of home repair or installation professionals
Directed by clients but working as a partner, caregivers become the hands of the client and enable participation in enjoyable activities that may not be possible without assistance. This allows the client to continue acting independently in activities currently unaffected by physical limitations. The result is a relationship of trust and mutual respect that promotes dignity when the client later needs to ask for additional assistance with activities of daily living while aging in place.
Please call 207-699-2570 or contact us to learn more.