Nutritious meals are imperative to the overall health and well-being of seniors. Advantage caregivers are trained and skilled in the planning and preparation of nutritious, well balanced meals. The opportunity to eat regular healthful meals promotes strength, hydration, and recovery necessary for proper absorption of medications.
Our caregivers, using fresh ingredients that cover the basic food groups, assure healthy nutrition through the following activities:
- Meal preparation, companionship during mealtimes, and clean-up at meal completion
- Shopping for nutritious foods and following dietary cooking requirements
- Compliance with physician and dietician recommended meal guidelines, resulting in balanced and appealing meals for seniors with blood pressure, heart, diabetes, kidney and liver problems
- Creative strategizing to overcome the negative impact of medications on the taste of food
- Regular hydration scheduling by providing water at appropriate intervals throughout the day
Meal preparation may be guided by specific medical instruction for a designated illness and the food preferences of our clients. If you suffer from any medical condition, please check with your physician before starting a new diet plan. If your physician approves, click on the following link for relevant points to consider.
Please call 207-699-2570 or contact us to learn more.